India is a country of festivals and each festival brings it’s accompanying rituals, including food practices. As the year begins in January everybody celebrates festivals like Lohri, Sankranti /Pongal, Basant Panchami etc. When one thinks of Makar Sankranti, immediately it brings the memory of Tilkut, the sweet everybody eats and shares, during the festival .
There are often rational explanation, for the food and delicacies, people usually eat at time of festivals. January is a cold month and it has festivals like lohri /Sankranti ; in which people usually take delicacies like Tilkut, chikki, date barfi etc. Most of these foods have high calories and are quite energetic. So here we would like to share recipe, of how to make Tilkut.
Tilkut is very tasty and nutritious sweet and easy to digest. Tilkut (Sesame seed) has a high amount of magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, iron and vitamin B.
1) First we roast the til, in hot container in low flame. The Til should be stirred constantly otherwise it will get burnt and taste will become bitter.
2) When the aroma of til starts to come out, take it out of oven and keep it aside.
3) After it becomes cool, the til is crushed, till a fine mixture is obtained.
4) Now put the container in oven, with high flame on.
5) Add sugar, water and one tea spoon ghee in it and let it boil. Once it starts boiling reduce the flame to moderate. Stir it constantly. When it starts to become sticky then switch off the oven and add roasted till in it and keep it stirring constantly & mix it nicely.
6)Grease a container with little ghee and and transfer the whole til and sugar mixture in it. Pat the container 2-3 times. Let the contents cool in room temperature. When the contents gets cooled, turn the container upside down and the whole contents( Tilkut ) will come out. Now you can cut it to pieces of your choice. It is ready now for serving and eating .
Sesame help in improving bone health, cellular health & Skin condition and reduces chance of heart diseases and cancer. It is rich in anti-inflammatory substance and helps in growth and metabolic and antiaging function. It promotes hair growth and strengthens muscle tissues. So this sweet is not just delicious to eat, but has health benefits also.